On Friday I went along to the monthly Critical Mass again.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Saturday, July 28, 2007
On Thursday evening, I took the train over to Glasgow for the Scotlug meeting. There was an interesting presentation about phidgets. Afterwards I went along with the other geeks to the pub to grab something to eat and have a natter. I've even now seen an iPhone (not just in pictures), though not yet had a chance to play with one.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Since installing the Quicktime 7.2 and iTunes 7.3.1 updates on my MacBook, I've been unable to launch PPC applications through Rosetta. It appears that having Java 6 installed has caused the prebinding process to crash.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Picasa Web Albums has now caught up with Flickr and started to properly support GeoTagging of Photos.
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Many people have commented on the various day cycling trips that I've taken. However yesterday when shopping, I found someone who has been doing a lot more cycling than myself. He took the train from Cambridge up to Inverness. Then he started cycling and camping rough. That was two months ago.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
- Printing now works, though it does not yet use an aqua print dialog
- PDF export now works
- Copy and Paste should now work fully
- OpenOffice.org no longer crashes after quiting
- Text and graphics are now drawn properly
- Windows and dialogs mostly now have an aqua theme
- Combo boxes now look a lot better
- Various bugs, crashes and performance improvements
- (QA only) testtool can be hacked to work properly
- There is a black flash when opening new windows
- OpenOffice.org still has problems with Aqua's device resolution indepence
- There is no Aqua file picker in this release. This is a known regression, the Aqua file picker will be back in a future build
- Opening a document to open in OpenOffice.org from another application, such as the Finder, Mail or Safari, will mean that OpenOffice.org will open with a blank document. You need to open all documents from within OpenOffice.org
- The print dialog is not the same as one in other Mac OS X Applications
- Starting OpenOffice.org from a shared/remote folder does not work
- Impress will not recognise multiple monitors for presentations
Sunday, July 01, 2007
On Friday I headed to the Edinburgh Critical Mass again. It was a lot busier than last month, which meant that it was better perceived by the public.